“I’m responsible for defining the product strategy and international expansion for Europe’s leading fund data and service provider“ – sound appealing to you?
Our investment research and data-provider client is at an exciting stage of development, including acquisition, and as such is seeking an experienced Proposition Manager to define their strategy and lead their efforts with Distributor clients globally. As an industry thought leader, the successful candidate will be leading efforts to develop a network across the globe, including expanding services to Fund Distributors, increasing the depth and breadth of data supported, and identifying areas of opportunity within strategic partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Bi-monthly board-style presentation to the C-Suite, including presentation of financial performance, leading indicators, churn analysis, sales and marketing plans, product roadmaps and strategic initiatives
- Ownership of opportunity identification, penetration analysis and input to sales target setting
- Research interviews – existing clients, prospective clients, competitors, consultants
- Launch new propositions aimed to support life company, platforms and fund supermarket clients, acting as the ‘champion’ of the proposition within the company
- Create and present business cases to the management team
- Maintain a culture of consistent customer-focused innovation
- Provide input on key initiatives addressing product strategy and profitability objectives
- Create client orientated packages built around different roles
- Work with the Head of Proposition to define the company’s 3 and 5-year client vision, using quant-based analysis to establish priorities for product roadmaps
- Ownership of pricing, margin management and pricing strategy for new and existing clients
- Support the strategy for international expansion by researching and understanding the diversity of different jurisdictions and different needs across Europe, Asia and Australasia.
- Periodically review existing services to ensure that they continue to be fit for purpose
- Specific experience of the fund management industry is preferred, but not essential.
- Commercial/Proposition development experience in a B2B environment
- Experience of building propositions based on value and not price
- Excellent commercial instincts
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable analytical and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strategic decision making
- Ability to prioritise and meet firm deadlines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- A strong academic background
- A proven track record of improving business performance through observability metrics and leading indicator development
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Entrepreneurial, with a clear eye for return on investment
- Striving for the highest quality of client outcome
- Analytical approach to decision making
- High emotional intelligence
- Open mindset, not discouraged by challenges or hurdles
- Self-starting, but collaborative in approach
With exposure to C-suite level management and stakeholders, this is a position offering great experiences and career-building opportunities. Please get in touch by sending your to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the team on 0131 541 2273.