As a global leader of investment data, research and technology, our client is helping a wide range of institutions with the ability to make better-informed investment decisions. Through growth, they are now seeking an Institutional Product Marketing Manager to take responsibility for the product marketing strategy and delivery of this. This includes articulating product capabilities and value propositions to fund managers and fund distributors globally.
Core responsibilities include:
- Define the commercial product narrative and positioning, supporting the business development process, promoting product features, and influencing the product roadmap.
- Establish the product story. Author the story of value and benefits for products overall and for new features, and arm the sales, account management and client-facing teams with the materials they need to represent that story to clients.
- Promote product features. Educate and provide client teams to sell and deploy new features, including via teach-ins, collateral creation, and direct engagement with those teams.
- Own and author the product collateral. Create and maintain the ‘gold copy’ of pitch materials for products and for new features
- Track and drive adoption. Design and implement capabilities to track adoption and extract actionable insights. Use these insights to identify and execute on opportunities to improve deployment and usage of existing and new features.
- Launch new features. Write launch plans, syndicate with client teams, write client-facing collateral and oversee feature go-lives.
- Support the client teams. Design and implement the Product Marketing teams’ engagement model with key internal stakeholders, especially sales, account management, customer success, data relationship management and propositions teams.
- Act as an expert on overall user base. Organise and conduct user research, participate in user testing, and study industry intel.
- Develop buyer personas and strategic product positioning alongside persona appropriate messaging.
- Collaborate deeply with Marketing to bring persona based campaigns to life and track efficacy, refining messaging as appropriate
- Collaborate deeply with Product Management to inform the roadmap and inform priorities.
- Experienced B2B product marketing professional, ideally financial services.
- Experience determining product-market fit and delivering products to market.
- Understanding of the Fund Management space and core client segments (Fund Managers, Fund Distributors, Financial Advisers)
- Commercially minded with a clearly client centric approach.
- Experience of developing high impact content that resonates with an institutional audience
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Min 8+ years of experience from a financial services technology marketing background
- Demonstrated ability to synthesise user and market feedback to form hypotheses and drive decisions
- Experience working with a highly technical complex products, including ability to get into the weeds on technical product features and engage in technical solutioning for clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver and build compelling presentations and communicate internally and externally at a range of seniority levels
- A highly analytical approach